Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Getting around comfortably and freely is the goal of physical therapy. PT is a skilled rehabilitative service that concentrates on balance, mobility, functional independence, pain management, and the best quality of life possible. Care may include: full evaluation, assessment, and treatment of a patient’s flexibility, strength, endurance, functional mobility, and environment.
Improving our patients’ activities of daily living is the objective of occupational therapy. OT is a skilled rehabilitative intervention that focuses on increasing functional independence, social participation, and quality of life. Care may include: evaluation of our patient’s home and environments, fitting of and training on assistive devices, dressing, bathing, and hand function, as well as caregiver and family education.
Communication is the key focus of our speech-language pathology professionals. This skilled rehabilitative intervention focuses on assessing, diagnosing, and that sitephone cases with card holderelfbar 3500phone cases with picturestelefoonhoesjes winkelbest treating disorders related to speech, language, social communication, cognition, and swallowing. speech-language pathologists also offer education to patients and caregivers to improve the overall health and well-being of their patients.
Medicare covers 80% and the secondary insurance covers the rest. Therapy can be started with a referral from the physician.
Fox Optimal Living
FREE to all of our residents. 20-25 physical engaging classes a week. The opportunity to participate in group classes or one-on-one with the Exercise Physiologist. Annual 38% decrease in falls in older adults and 35% annual decrease in hospital admissions. Individually tailored for each resident.
Exclusive in Maryland at The Charleston at Waldorf,
FOX Optimal Living provides concierge wellness services to all residents regardless of physical and cognitive status. Each resident is engaged in ongoing, personalized fitness and care plans to improve safety, wellbeing and quality of life.
Our FOX team is comprised of an Exercise Physiologist, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists who specialize in geriatric care and chronic disease management.
Through evidence-based assessments, progressive, intensive and individualized plans are carefully designed to optimize function. Condition-specific programming is also available, including but not limited to:
- Arthritis: to manage pain and stiffness, maintain joint integrity and prevent functional deficits
- Joint replacements: to restore joint mobility, improve strength and balance, and maintain mobility and function
- Diabetes: to maintain aerobic capacity, improve muscle strength and manage sensory-motor function
- Dementia: to implement strategies for independence, prevent falls, and optimize mobility
- Deconditioning: to improve cardiovascular endurance, increase muscle strength and provide task-specific conditioning
- Cerebrovascular accident: to practice activities of daily living, manage cognition and communication skills and implement adaptive equipment
- Cardiovascular disease: to improve full body strength, flexibility, balance and cardio-pulmonary function
- Movement disorders: to institute targeted therapeutic exercises, practice and modify function activities and re-educate the neuromuscular system